What is it?Is a product that comprises of high density 100% polyester fibres, and is friction fixed between the underside of the floor joists. The polyester is non-irritant, non-allergenic, toxic free, easy to handle and install and adds a thermal resistance to the underside of the floor. This makes it the ‘Ultimate’ in underfloor insulation.
Also has excellent acoustic characteristics and is supplied as a white, thermally bonded polyester product, cut to size to friction fit between joists and form a thermal barrier to heat loss or gain.
ApplicationThermal Insulation applied to the under-floor of residential and commercial application to give thermal resistance, as well as adding sound control by reducing reverberant noise.
- Made from 100% polyester fibres
- No added binding agents or chemicals
- Completely safe, non-toxic
- Odour free
- Low fire hazard properties
- Not affected by moisture, mould or mildew
- Will not rot or deteriorate in intended use situations
- User friendly
- Safe and clean to handle
- Ease of installation
- Environmentally friendly
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Contains up to 60% previously recycled polyester fibres ensuring comparatively low embodied energy
- Manufactured under strict ISO 9001 quality control systems and a zero waste policy where off-cuts and trimmings are recycled back into the manufacturing process.
- EcoFloor remains re-usable or recyclable at end of life
- Polyester will not off-gas VOC’s and the fibres will not become a potential airborne pollutant.
- EcoFloor does not contain nor produce CFC’s, HCFC’s or any other ozone depleting substances or gases.