Eco Insulation is proud to be a Preferred Installer for the EarthWool range of insulation for New Zealand. Knauf Insulation, the world's third largest insulation manufacturer has selected Eco Insulation to be a preferred installer - the EarthWool range revolutionises glass fibre insulation.
EarthWool Ceiling Rolls
Knauf Insulation’s EarthWool™ Ceiling rolls are made from highly resilient, inorganic glass fibres bonded by ECOSE® Technology. A revolutionary new binder based on rapidly renewable bio-based materials rather than non-renewable petroleum-based chemicals. ECOSE®Technology reduces Knauf Insulation binder embodied energy and contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colours found in traditional glasswool insulation.
EarthWool™ Ceiling rolls provide a cost-effective thermal and acoustical barrier for energy-efficient construction. The products consistent quality, low dust, and clean-cutting resilient wool makes installation fast. EarthWool™ Ceiling rolls can be used in timber and metal frame applications in residential structures. These applications include thermal and acoustical treatments to ceilings. Knauf Insulation offers EarthWool™ wall and ceiling insulation in a wide range of sizes and R-values.
Thermal Conductivity - ASTM C 518 and AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002
Thermal Resistance - ASTM C 653 and AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002
Knauf Insulation’s EarthWool products with ECOSE® Technology benefit from a formaldehyde-free binder made from rapidly renewable bio-based materials instead of petroleum-based chemicals which is up to 70% less energy intensive. The technology has been developed for Knauf Insulation’s glass and rock mineral wool products, enhancing their environmental credentials without affecting the thermal, acoustic or fire performance. EarthWool™ products made with ECOSE® Technology contain no dye or artificial colours – the colour is completely natural.
Water Vapor Absorption (ASTM C 1104) - Less than 5% by weight.
Corrosion Resistance (ASTM C 665) - No greater than sterile cotton.
Microbial Growth (ASTM C 1338) - Does not support microbial growth.
Fire Resistance (ASTM C 136) - Non-combustible.
AS/NZS 4859.1: 2002 Materials used in the Thermal Insulation of Buildings and comply with The New Zealand Building Code requirements including:
- B2 Durability
- E3 External Moisture
- F2 Hazardous Building Materials, and
- H1 Energy Efficiency
EarthWool is an ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION Code of Compliance
EarthWool R2.8 blanket and R3.2 blanket are accepted products in the EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Heat Smart program. Contact us to find your nearest approved installer of EarthWool.
the Building Code of Australia (BCA) requirements.
Glasswool insulation fibres have been tested in laboratory studies according to EC protocols ECB/ TM27 REV. 7, 1998 and shown to be bio-soluable. KNS3 fibres comply with the short term biopersistence test and fulfill the requirements of Australian and international authorities on biosolubility. EarthWool™ has BRANZ certification.
Features and Benefits
- Preferred by professional installers concerned with quality, appearance and productivity.
- Excellent acoustical properties reduce sound transmission in the home when properly installed in walls, ceiling and floor systems.
- EarthWool™ is odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria.
- Highly resilient insulation recovers quickly to full thickness for a snug fit and superior finished aesthetics.
- Consistent quality materials feel good, cut easily and install fast.
- Low dust for easier handling and increased productivity.
Convenient Packaging, Easier Handling
Additional Information on Quality Systems
- EarthWool™ is packaged in strong, white poly bags that offers excellent protection from abuse, dust and moisture.
- EarthWool™ packages feature easy to follow installation instructions.
- Master bag Pad units (containing multiple packs) ensure reduced handling costs with improved compression – more square metres per bag, more square metres per truck load, fewer trips to the job site and less warehouse space for storage.
- The quality systems that Knauf Insulation holds certification: four of the most important International Management Standards for sustainability, namely ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), EN 16001 (Energy Management) and OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety Management) for all our Europe, Russia and CIS Plants. Knauf Insulation was also pleased to have had this achievement certified by one of the leading conformity assessment organsiations, Bureau Veritas. - see more at: http://www.knaufinsulation.com/en/node/2008.
- McKinsey report: "Insulation as the most effective carbon abatement measure". - see more at: http://www.knaufinsulation.com/en/node/455
- European Insulation Manufacturers Association: see more at http://www.eurima.org/about-eurima/
Earthwool Underfloor Datasheet
Earthwool Acoustic Datasheet
Earthwool Sound Control Datasheet
Earthwool Wall and Ceiling Datasheet
Earthwool Wall Datasheet